Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The short story, Long Time No See




I've had a CRAZY week, as is almost always in the life of a military wife.
The short of it is that I ran into some people I haven't seen in a long time, a friend got bad news, and I saw a family member that I love.

My cousin Jean from WI came up for a visit. I haven't seen her since May, like the rest of my family. She has four boys and a hubby, but only she came up for a visit. It was sooooooooo nice to see her and spend some 'girl' time with her. I also got to get out and visit parts of Alaska I haven't seen in a while.

We went down to Whittier (teeny tiny village), up to Hitcher's (mountain pass), downtown Anchorage, cruised around base, and just had a good time. I feel bad for her though. 1) I was just plain CRANKY! I didn't know why, but turns out I was getting sick! So the first two day she was here I was cranky because I was coming down with something. Then the last three days she was here I was sick and just no fun. She left this am and I'm feeling 100% better tonight, go figure. 2) She was up here without her family and wasn't able to share the journey with her husband and kids. 3) Her mom just died 10 weeks ago (not sure if I wrote about it, but my Aunt Marcy died a few days after Ben got out of the ICU). Even more than that, her mom was here just a day before she died. An Alaskan cruise was her last trip and she loved it here. So when we were in Whittier, we dumped some of Aunt Marcy's ashes in a nice, gorgeous creek. We didn't know it at the time, but Aunt Marcy had been there, just 11 weeks prior. We found a great spot and I think Aunt Marcy will really like it there.


Kayla is finally potty trained. Nothings says you have a newly potty trained toddler than lugging around a potty seat with you where ever you go and stopping to have your toddler pee in a tiny potty chair on the side of a mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment