Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another Holiday Alone

As I sit here on the verge of Easter I can't help but note the obvious. Tomorrow there will be no big Easter meal like I enjoy cooking. No point in cooking a big meal for one adult and a toddler (who hates almost all foods anyway).

There will be family time, but we wont be whole. Our family isn't whole. Before J left he got the kids both Easter baskets, which I will drag up from the garage in a minute where they've been hidden for 2 months. Kayla and I dyed a few eggs tonight and tomorrow she will wake up really excited to see her new 'barbie'.

We did have a wonderful day though. Today was the first day in a month and a half that we got to see J. He was able to send us a few pictures and we even got to see him on the web cam for a few fleeting moments. It was sooooooo nice to see him again. K started to SCREAM, 'Daaaaaaaaaaaaady!! DADDY DADDY DADDY!! Look mama, it's daddy!' A sigh of relief, she did remember him and knew who he was right away.

K wont understand tomorrow any more than she did today why daddy is gone. Although she did mention that he is off fighting to save Princess Rainbow (where does she get these names?). She asked if Princess Rainbow was saved yet, and I had to tell her no, not yet.... but soon. Soon to a 3 year old is in 5 min. You can imagine how the rest of my day went.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Easter and enjoys the time they have with their families. If you're like me, and thousands of miles away from any family and will be spending the day alone, I'll be there with you in spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment