Friday, February 6, 2009

I have to go to the ER

One New Year's Eve I went grocery shopping and noticed my right breast started to hurt. I went home and pumped, thinking I was just engorged. It didn't help.

So then, I look up mastitis on a hunch. It said to apply mouist heat, massage the area and it should help. I did that and went to bed. That night I thought I was dieing. I was shaking cold and in pain. I finally fell asleep around 4am. I woke up at 10am and felt fine. It worked!!

At noon I started to hurt again. By 2pm I could barely take it. By 4pm (New Year's day) I said I HAVE to go to the ER. Something is wrong!!

Turns out I had mastitis. But, do you think I could have a regular staph infection? No, it had to be MRSA! So I had to take 2 antibiotics, 10 times a day, for 10 days!! I had to stop breastfeeding Benjamin immediately. :O(

That's when the problems with Ben started.

So here I am, just 2.5 weeks postpartum and James has to go back to work, I'm on tons of meds., and then Ben gets sick........ even when J is home, it's like being a single parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment