Friday, February 6, 2009

It's a............

August, 2008
BOY!! We are just over the moon to be adding a baby boy to our family.

Sept. 9th
Ahhh, to be at viability. Just 7 days away!! the large milestones just seem to keep coming and going and I couldn't be happier. Ben is a VERY active baby. He throws really good punches and kicks. His favorite place is straight down into my bladder, what a nice baby. lol The last few days he's been kicking up higher and it's nice to actually be able to SEE my belly move now. When he kicks down I can feel it (it HURTS), but it can't be seen or felt from the outside. So daddy hasn't been to feel very many kicks yet, even though I get nailed throughout the day. Ben just started kicking me in my bladder as if he knows I'm talking about him, lol. He has about 3-4 good 'wake' periods a day now where he moves/kicks for a good 45 min. at a time, not just random movements throughout the day. I still have those of course, but when he's 'awake,' he's REALLY awake. It's such a weird change for me because Kayla was always so gentle and never really kicked, but it was more like a dance. I'm really enjoying some of those good strong movements because it makes me feel like he's healthy and strong in there. My back has hurt most of the pg., but not like it was with Kayla's. It's tolerable and I can still stand for longer periods of time. So that's also a very nice change. My hips are starting to hurt now as Ben gets heavier. That gets worse every day (it only started a week ago) and it's hard to think I have a good 14 weeks of it left!! All of the physical pain is very worth the reward in the end!!

Sept. 11th

So I went in today for my regular 4 week checkup. I found out I'm having a DECEMBER baby!! I've had chronic high bp this entire pg., so knew this was coming.... Normally my BP is through the roof when I go in, but today it wasn't horrible. They still put me on Aldomet starting today. I have to take it 3X a day until Ben is here and they'll up the dose as needed. Because of the meds. they have to start doing growth scan at 28-32 weeks, every week until he's born. They will not let me go past 39 weeks (last week in December) because of the meds. I'm on also. So, heart meds., baby in December, and u/s in the am. I can't believe I get to meet my little boy in just 3 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment