Friday, February 6, 2009

It's no longer a normal pregnany


July 31st, 2008


Well, my uneventful pregnancy is no longer uneventful.


I had a regular apt. Tuesday. The first time I was allowed to go more than 2 weeks w/o seeing a doctor!! I made it all four weeks! Then that came crashing down :O( My BP has been high this entire pg. pretty much. It was a bit higher Tuesday and high enough that I now have to be seen every two weeks (then weekly starting at 28 weeks). Yes, I go back in just 2 weeks. At my apt. on the 14th we will discuss which heart medication I need to be on. I PRAY that it works and I don't need bed rest. Bed rest would present a whole new basket of problems with Kayla and what not. So we'll go over if James would get convalescent leave or not. If not Kayla will go live with my parents for the remainder of my pg. (should bed rest become an issue, she would leave then) It's hard to imagine Kayla being gone for a couple of months, even for a couple of weeks!! So I hope that doesn't become an issue, but it's good to know she'd be taken care of, if needed. I'm also waiting on my referral from Tricare for my 'BIG' ultrasound. I hope we can get it scheduled for next week. I'm super anxious to find out what this baby's sex is! :O)



Aug. 15th

I just got home from L&D. blah. I was contracting every about 15 min and I went to bathroom and found spotting and a part of my mucus plug. Thought if I laid down it would stop. It did. Then James called the hospital (w/o telling me) and they said I needed to come in. So I got up to go in and the contractions started again. So they hook me up and see I'm contracting about every 8 minutes. The doc. on call comes in and says I'm contracting way more than I should be (duh!). After an hour they do a vaginal u/s to measure my cervix it was over 4cm, so that was awesome. Did an internal and my cervix was closed. Tested my pee for a UTI and it came back just saying I haven't had enough to eat today... whatever. So they sent me home. Which is great and I'm over the moon that I'm not in pre-term labor or anything. I'm frustrated that there's nothing they would do to stop the contractions. Granted they weren't doing anything/dilating me, but they were still uncomfortable. Soooooo I have an irritable uterus. If the contractions get more painful or I start to spot/bleed, then I need to come back in. In the mean time I get just have fun with LOTS of contractions for the next 20 weeks.... SUCKS! Oh well though, it could be way worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment