Thursday, February 5, 2009

We've got orders!




While James was in Korea, we were to move from GA, to our new base.

I got a call from J one day and he said "we've got orders!" To where?? Alaska!! "Wait, WHAT?? You want me to pick up my daughter and move 4,000 miles away to a cold ass place?? You're nuts and I'm not going!!" I hung up the phone. Nice huh?

Well, obviously I changed my mind. In February of 2007 I returned to Georgia from Wisconsin. I packed up my daughter and all of our stuff. I made the trip, alone with my daughter, across the country. We flew from Atlanta to AZ and from there on to AK. I bought a house and moved all of our stuff into it. Then I waited. I waited until May for James to get 'home' to Alaska. I only knew one person 'Ali'. I didn't know where any thing was. In true military fashion, no one from J's new shop called me, offered me a map, or checked in on me. Talk about putting a bad taste in the mouth, before you've even taken a bite!!
We've had tons of amazing adventures here since. Alaska is gorgeous and I recommend every one get here at least once in their life to see the beauty!! We've seen bear, moose, and bald eagles. We've been through wind storms, earthquakes, and volcanoes. It's an amazing, ever changing world here. We have one more summer here (this is our last year) and the things to do are endless....... I can't wait to see what this year brings us!!
In Dec. we're all going to Wisconsin for a few weeks and James is leaving from there to Russia. Then I'm taking the kids to Florida for some much needed R&R (and distraction from the fact that daddy is gone) in Jan. I don't know when we'll return to Alaska, but I'm guessing in Feb. Where we sit and wait for J to get back, again. Why does it seem we're always waiting for him to return home from some place over seas? This really sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment